Sunday, August 22, 2010

Why isn't there a Java platform for Mozilla 2.0.0.2.?????????

I can't run a lot of web pages from my Firefox browser, including http://www.tcc.toughbook.com/ though I have Adobe Flash Player 9 (at least the Add/Remove app says so) do I need anything else? I wouldn't like to go back to that stupid IE7 cause I prefer the commodity of automatic internet logs cookies and temps removal...any ideas?

Why isn't there a Java platform for Mozilla 2.0.0.2.?????????
I went to toughbook.com, looked at their code for the page. It's asking for javascript. Try this in Firefox:





Goto Edit --%26gt; Preferences ... Content(tab pane). Make sure the checkbox for [] Enable Java and [] Enable Javascript are checked.





Java plug-in should offer to install whenever you visit a page with a java program if you don't have it.





---


This is just a guess. The code for the HTML on toughbook.com I noticed is "sniffing" my browser, knows I have javascript and there server gives me several chunks to make the page. That is, with another browser the code would be slightly different from the server. Best of luck.





Last thought: type up in the address bar where the web addresses go in --- "about:plugin" and hit the Go button (without the quotemarks, without any spaces). That's how you get a report on all your add-ons.


No comments:

Post a Comment